We are recruiting an Engineering Operations Manager to join our site in Cork.
In this exciting role, you will provide a Manufacturing Engineering service to the plant, in order to maximize the availability of Manufacturing Equipment. You will ensure continual compliance with the policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering, Safety and Finance and manage the engineering teams in controlling uptime of equipment and optimizing efficiencies. As our new Engineering Ops Manager you will develop your team with the emphasis on continual operational improvements and employee development.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as an Engineering Operations Manager would be:
• Ensure the performance of day-to-day preventative, predictive and demand maintenance activity to maintain manufacturing and utility equipment.
• Ensure the performance of day-to-day instrument calibration activity to ensure compliant manufacturing and utility equipment.
• Liaise with Production to ensure equipment performance is maximized.
• Maintain records and documentation in relation to relevant Engineering Procedures and preventative/ demand maintenance.
• Carry out and implement equipment and process improvement initiatives.
• Liaise with production to ensure that sufficient opportunities for improvement projects are maintained and achieved.
• Maintain records and documentation to ensure audit readiness at all times
• Ensure the Compliant operation of the Maintenance Excellence Programme (MEP) for the Cork Site
• Establish with the Engineering Manager the department goals, schedules, and timetables for activities.
• Ensure Improvement Projects are delivered on time, within budget in line with the project objectives.
• Clear communication of departmental achievements and progress to weekly, monthly and quarterly management on a weekly ,monthly and quarterly basis.
• Operate within departmental and project budget requirements, highlighting budget and resource requirements.
• Long range plan (LRP) developed and updated annually detailing equipment improvements and capital requirements for replacement of critical equipment.
• Preparation of expenditure budgets for annual plan meeting.
• Develop monthly engineering metrics.
• Liaise with Division Engineering as part of Community of Practice involving Maintenance, and Calibration as well as Engineering standards.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree: Engineering or Relevant Discipline required.
• 10+ years plus of Experience in the drug product/ pharmaceutical sector within a supervisory/management role
• High level of attention to detail and mental concentration, to ensure accuracy and total compliance with procedures.
• Requires innovative thinking, where new and untested solutions are proposed, demonstrated and implemented on a regular basis.
• Requires demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to new requirements.
• Results driven striving to meet all targets and metric standards as set by department/site and division leaders.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Level 7)