Location: Dublin, D, IE, D02 R590
Company: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Job Requisition ID: 17941
Additional Locations: Hybrid position - expected to work in the office 1-2 days per week on average
Senior UX Architect
- Create roadmaps for UX designs, UX Frameworks and Components as well as UX development processes across multiple teams.
- Translate business requirements into wireframes, mock-ups, Prototypes, and well-formed technical requirements.
- Collaborate with and provide leadership to software engineers in terms of designing applications to use UX frameworks and components and ensuring that teams are adopting best practices and patterns.
- Provide domain knowledge leadership across multiple development teams.
- Ensure teams are converging towards a common customer experience and information architecture across all channels.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Communicate strategies and designs to all audiences: Development teams, Design Teams, and management.
- Awareness of current computing trends and technologies
- Ability to design and implement UX SPA’s using modern UX frameworks.
- Experience with Jira/Confluence, GHE/Github
- Containerized UX Application Development experience
- Experience with AWS Cloudfront or similar CDN’s, Jenkins, Concourse
- Superior communication skills.
- Demonstrated abilities: self-motivation, creativity, a willingness, and ability to learn, resourcefulness, intuition, thoroughness, and the ability to work with others
- Minimum of 5 years designing and building React based SPA’s, reusable UX components, and UX frameworks.
- 5 or more years’ experience developing methods and tools for creating taxonomies, user flow diagrams and screen layouts, as well as demonstrate a fundamentally understanding of the methods and concepts related to findability and usability.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, applied mathematics, or a related field.
Nice to Have
- Experience with user acceptance processes and methods.
- Experience with low code UX development methods and technologies.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.