- Briefing and advising external consultants and specialist subcontractors with Cairn Preferred approaches and details, within set timescales and budgets.
- Supporting the Technical Manager to coordinate overall management of Pre-Construction Design.
- Role will focus on Houses and Duplexes but will also support on low to mid rise apartment blocks.
- Organising Design Team Meetings/Workshops and recording minutes.
- Organising briefing sessions and workshops and presenting to various internal Cairn Teams for input and coordinating their approvals.
- Chairing Design Workshops – champion Cairn product quality and legacy, focusing on delivering design excellence across the scheme.
- Managing Cairn Design Guidance information and issuing out example design packages to consultants.
- Ensuring Quality and the Customer is integral through the detailed design process, delivering quality across schemes through accurate design, suitable product specification and driving design compliance.
- Developing a series of Design Guidance Drawings and information booklets to brief design teams.
- Liaising with the in-house design and planning teams to give technical guidance on building and detailing methods.
- Keeping abreast of new innovative products, practices and build methods.
- Responsibility for communicating Cairn Design Management Strategy and Toolbox to all Design Team Members.
- Coordinate technical information from grant or lodgement of planning permission to construction start on site.
- Resolve day to day problems as they arise by preparing solutions and, where appropriate liaising with the technical manager and project manager for approval.
- Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Architecture or Architectural Technology. 3+Years. experience in residential architecture. Residential developer an advantage.
- Knowledge & skillset in the key principles of design detailing & construction methods
- Knowledge and experience of Timber Frame Design and Construction desirable but not essential.
- Appreciation of the benefits and drivers of customer lead housing.
- Experience and aptitude for researching and implementing new building technologies;
- Light Gauge Steel, Bathroom Pods + Pre-Cast Concrete. Off Site Construction.
- Proficient in CAD and sketch design.
- Excellent working knowledge of latest Building Regulations and certification standards.
- Commercially astute with an ability to make value-add contributions through the design development process.
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate with ability to take a practical approach to problem solving.
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative, and to be able to achieve time and quality targets.
- To be flexible, agile and to take responsibility for completing designated tasks and report back to Technical Manager.
- Willingness to travel between sites across greater Dublin and a full driving licence.
Working with Cairn:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)