We believe the paths we take to achieving our breakthroughs matter. At AbbVie, every one of our 50,000* employees is a part of shaping those paths—and defining our way forward
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we've known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients' lives worldwide. In short, we know it takes "you" to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, creating a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting a Snr. Accountant to join our team onsite in Westport, Co. Mayo. As our new Snr. Accountant, you will have the opportunity to lead a business unit and guide our business leaders on all relevant financial matters, including strategy and process improvement. Joining an established and talented team, you will plan, control, administer, interpret, and report the financial affairs of the site business unit to ensure continued business growth and proficiency.
So if you are interested in career progression and working with an industry leader in biopharmaceuticals, read on to find out more and get your application started today.
In this role, you will be;
- Financial Lead and primary finance point of contact for one of the manufacturing business units based in Westport.
- Providing financial support and guidance on all issues within the business unit
- Month end close activities – production process order reconciliations, absorption analysis, overhead spend breakdown, headcount assessment, variance analysis and narrative etc.
- Financial planning and analysis for the business unit – including monthly LBE’s, annual Plan and LRP
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting of all key financial metrics within the business unit.
- Monitor and report on operations performance with monthly / weekly KPI’s to Senior Management Team and cross functional departments.
- Ensure all accounting and reporting procedures comply with SOX and internal control guidelines.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations through Blackline
- Drive process improvement initiatives to deliver on business objectives
- Deliver full compliance with all regulatory requirements, including the support of external and internal audits.
- Variance Analysis – monthly management accounts must be reviewed for accuracy and reasonableness to identify any deviations from Plan and LBE thereby enabling corrective action to be taken if necessary
- Collaborate and maintain stakeholder relationships with cross functional departments – Supply Chain, Quality, Manufacturing, Operational Excellence etc.
Education and Experience:
- You will be a Qualified Accountant or Part Qualified and in the process of completing Professional Accounting Exams with one of the Recognised Accountancy Bodies.
- You will have a Third level qualification in business/accounting.
- Proven experience working with a fast and dynamic Finance Team.
- Experience within a global manufacturing environment or multinational preferred.
- SAP and Blackline experience is preferred.
- Results driven, striving to meet all targets and metrics set by site/dept and division leaders.