We're hiring a Facilities Manager to join our diverse team at AbbVie North Dublin in Clonshaugh. As the Facilities Manager, you'll take ownership of our maintenance program for both Hard and Soft service site facilities, ensuring maximum equipment and facility availability. Your responsibilities will also include driving a culture of continuous improvement, adhering to policies related to Personnel, Safety, Quality, Engineering, and Finance, and managing relevant engineering facilities budgets.
- Own and manage maintenance and upkeep of site buildings, facilities, and utilities equipment in GMP and non-GMP areas.
- Lead and manage the facility maintenance team in executing the site MEP program and managing critical utilities.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Manager to establish site and department goals, schedules, and timetables for activities.
- Manage facilities and utilities contracts, housekeeping, security, Pest Control, and Security contracts.
- Ensure delivery of Hard and Soft services to the site including management of contractors ensuring high standard of service delivery.
- Maintain site in an audit-ready state and ensure successful External, Division, and Corporate audits.
- Ensure AbbVie safety standards and compliance with policies are maintained.
- Engage with global groups, such as Facilities, Utilities and Equipment Engineering, Capital Engineering and Security to ensure site alignment with global procedures and AbbVie global standards.
- Support capital project submissions and lead projects to improve facilities, utilities, security, and related areas.
- Support the Engineering Team in ensuring that Utilities equipment is maintained to meet the required GMP, legal, divisional and corporate standards
- Ensure all related URS and PM’s are kept current and updated in line with capital improvement projects/CAPA’s or continuous improvement ensuring continuous reliability.
- Represent the site during regulatory inspections and internal audits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a relevant discipline.
- Membership of the Institute of Engineers of Ireland (IEI) is desirable.
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Supervisor/maintenance manager and 5+ years as an Engineer.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability to adapt to new requirements.
- Results-driven with a commitment to quality and high work standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments and teams.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Autonomy and initiative in handling day-to-day facilities issues.
- Knowledgeable in engineering facility issues, providing guidance to others.
- Experience in talent management and leading new engineering and facility initiatives.