Getting a response from a hiring manager is a highlight of the job search. You have put in the work and the applications and not it is time to move the conversation to the next level. When a recruiter responds to your job application with an interview request, it is essential to get back to them quickly and with enthusiasm. It can be hard to know how to respond to an interview request too. Therefore, in this article, we will share with you how to do exactly that. How to Respond to an Interview Request To respond to an interview request, you should follow the steps below:
- Begin your email by thanking the recruiter for their consideration.
- If you are really interested in the position, provide them with your availability as well as your contact information.
- If you are not interested, respond to them politely with a short explanatory message.
- Avoid using any kind of slang, emojis or emoticons.
- Remember to proofread your messages before hitting send for typos.